Seasonal Conservation Aide Positions
The Clay County Conservation Board is now accepting applications for Seasonal Conservation Aide positions.
- These seasonal employees will be working approximately 12 – 16 weeks at 40 hours/week during the spring and summer months.
- Some weekend work may be required throughout the course of the seasonal employment term.
- Applicants need to be energetic, highly motivated, and possess strong leadership traits.
- Conservation Aides are required to be intelligent individuals who are willing to follow detailed directions from full-time staff members and perform high-quality work until objective completion.
- Conservation Aide duties and objectives will include:
- park and right-of-way maintenance,
- natural resources and wildlife habitat management,
- mechanical tree and brush removal to right-of-ways (Integrated Roadside Vegetation Management),
- equipment maintenance, operating of vehicles and equipment,
- assisting with environmental education programs and classes,
- land/water management, and
- assisting with any other conservation program activities.
Students working towards a degree in the field of Conservation or Parks & Rec are encouraged to apply. This is a perfect way to gain experience in the field!
The seasonal Conservation Aide positions will be compensated at $12.00 - $14.00 per hour.
The 2024 seasonal applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
For more information regarding this employment opportunity, please contact the Clay County Conservation Board at 712-262-2187.
Application may be obtained from the link below: