Scharnberg Park Rules and Regulations
We want your visit at Scharnberg Park to be enjoyable. Clay County Conservation Board’s goal is to promote a safe, friendly environment for all to enjoy.
- Per Iowa Code 461A.49, “No camping unit shall be permitted to camp for a period longer than 14 continuous days”
- Campground CHECK-OUT Time is 5:00 PM
- Cabin CHECK-IN Time is 3:00 PM
- Cabin CHECK-OUT Time is 11:00 AM
- Maximum number of people is FIVE (5)
- To reserve a site you must leave a vehicle, camper, or an erected tent on site and pay for the days occupied. If host, or on-duty ranger needs to track you down to collect your camping fee, may be assessed an extra $5.00.
- Speed limit is 5 M.P.H. throughout the park at all times. Radar is in use & citations may be issued.
- QUIET HOURS are from 10:30 pm to 6:30 am. No exceptions. Violators will be asked to leave—with no refunds.
- Two vehicles per electric site (do not park on grass or roadway).
- Only one vehicle per non-electric tent site. Visitors welcome and must park in visitors parking area.
- RV and one tent per electric site ($20.00) or two tents per electric site ($20.00), if no RV is present.
- No more than two tents per non-electric tent site ($8.00).
- ALL watercraft will be parked in designated areas.
- PETS—All pets must be on a leash. Owners are responsible for sanitary disposal of pet waste (do not leave in fire rings). Dogs are not to be left outside unattended, or bark excessively when left inside. Grassy areas around the park are not designated as pet stations. NO PETS ALLOWED ON BEACH.
- No washing vehicles or campers in campground with park water.
- Remove all trash to dumpsters. Do not leave trash at camping site or in the fire rings.
- We are NOT responsible for accidents, injuries, loss of money, or valuables.
- Please be courteous to others. Do not walk or ride bikes through occupied campsites at any time.
- Scharnberg Park is closed to visitors and drive through traffic between the hours of 10:30 PM to 6:30 AM.
- No Hard Liquor.
- No motorized scooters may be ridden within the park. Motorcycles may be ridden in and out of the park only.
- Bike riding, rollerblading, and skateboarding are not allowed on sidewalks or fishing pier.
- Golf carts are allowed in campground and on roads for handicap use only.
- Games are available at host site - FREE of Charge - and must be returned to host after use.
- Beach is open from sunrise to sunset. Beach attendant only. No lifeguard on duty - swim at your own risk.
- All beach rules will also be posted at concession stand.
Beach Rules are as follows:
- No profanity
- No throwing rocks or sand
- Stay off buoys
- Swim in buoyed area ONLY
- Pick up your own litter
- No dogs or other pets allowed on beach
- No hard liquor
- No glass on or near beach (I.E. stone wall)