Scharnberg Park Rules and Regulations
We want your visit at Scharnberg Park to be enjoyable. Clay County Conservation Board’s goal is to promote a safe, friendly environment for all to enjoy.
- Per Iowa Code 461A.49, “No camping unit shall be permitted to camp for a period longer than 14 continuous days”
- Campground CHECK-IN Time is 3:00 PM CHECK-OUT Time is 1:00 PM
- Cabin CHECK-IN Time is 3:00 PM CHECK-OUT Time is 11:00 AM
- Shelter CHECK-IN Time is 11:00 AM CHECK-OUT Time is 10:30 PM
- Maximum number of people is FIVE (5)
- To reserve a site you must reserve on-line at mycountyparks.com or leave a vehicle, camper, or a staked down tent on site and pay for the days occupied. If host, or on-duty ranger needs to track you down to collect your camping fee, may be assessed an extra $5.00.
- Speed limit is 5 M.P.H. throughout the park at all times. Radar is in use & citations may be issued.
- QUIET HOURS are from 10:30 pm to 6:30 am. No exceptions. Violators will be asked to leave—with no refunds.
- Two vehicles per electric site (do not park on grass or roadway). All wheels of the vehicles must be on the gravel pad.
- Only one vehicle per non-electric tent site. Visitors welcome and must park in visitors parking area.
- RV and one tent per electric site or two tents per electric site, if no RV is present. Pay appropriate site fee.
- No more than two tents per non-electric tent site (T-sites). Pay appropriate site fee.
- Campers must be backed into sites, except for pull through sites.
- ALL watercraft will be parked in designated areas.
- PETS—All pets must be on a leash. Owners are responsible for sanitary disposal of pet waste (do not leave in fire rings). Dogs are not to be left outside unattended, or bark excessively when left inside. Grassy areas around the park are not designated as pet stations. NO PETS ALLOWED ON BEACH OR IN THE SHELTER
- No washing vehicles or campers in campground with park water.
- Remove all trash to dumpsters. Do not leave trash at camping site or in the fire rings.
- We are NOT responsible for accidents, injuries, loss of money, or valuables.
- PLEASE BE COURTEOUS TO OTHERS. Do not walk or ride bikes through occupied campsites at any time.
- Scharnberg Park is closed to visitors and drive-through traffic between the hours of 10:30 PM to 6:30 AM.
- No Hard Liquor.
- No bikes may be ridden after dark unless there is a white light in front and a red light on the rear.
- Bike riding, rollerblading, and skateboarding are not allowed on sidewalks or fishing pier.
- For stays lasting longer then 3 days, carpets, rugs and tents must be moved at all campsites to save the grass from dying. We also ask if you are absent from campground for anytime, to roll up your carpets.
- Ice fishing holes cannot be larger than 12" without written permission. Contact Clay County Conservation Board at 712-262-2187 for details.
- Beach is open from sunrise to sunset. Beach attendant only. No lifeguard on duty - swim at your own risk.
- All beach rules will also be posted at concession stand.
Beach Rules are as follows:
- No profanity
- No throwing rocks or sand
- Stay off buoys
- Swim in buoyed area ONLY
- Pick up your own litter
- No dogs or other pets allowed on beach
- No hard liquor
- No glass on or near beach (I.E. stone wall)
- No Smoking!